Training and Capacity building, facilitation, coordination, report writing, mentoring, coaching, Mceeing and rapporturing coporate functions
Add work experience to your profile. (optional)
I am a self-driven professional with over 15 years working experience in the design, development, delivery, implementation and coordination of training and capacity building programs for Adult learners within the 37 ACA Member Institutions in 12 countries within Eastern and Southern Africa (ESA) region and recently in the Horn of Africa..
I have understanding and vast experience in participatory adult- learning training approaches, research information and knowledge management, user education and possess good communication and organisational skills. I have worked in both the public and private sector and have vast experience as an adult-learning facilitator, training coodinator and leadership manager in Kenya and the ESA region.
I have strong writing and editorial skills; strong leadership and management skills. I work effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team or independently. I have a strong ability to motivate teams, plan and execute initiatives and tasks, while working effectively with persons from diverse cultures and backgrounds. I have the ability to captivate and keep audiences engaged during training sessions ensuring that trainings are not only learning sessions but also funfilled.and memorable.
As a Training and Capacity development program manager, I have designed, developed and coordinated capacity building trainings within the ACA network working closely with subject specialists across ACA Member Institutions to ensure that the content of the training curricula is relevant and tailored to the needs of the targeted audiences. In addition, I have coordinated curriculum review development processes of training courses to ensure that their content is aligned to emerging issues within the various fields of knowledge.
My day to day activities include, scheduling and coordinating Trainings among ACA partners; facilitating targeted skills building workshops across the region, conducting research and capacity assessments among targeted communties inorder to establish the capacity gaps so as to develop targeted capacity building interventions.
In addition, I report to the ACA Board through the Programs committee on planned and scheduled capacity building initiatives and present the budgetary requirements for the specific activities within a given quarter. I follow-up the trained Alumni and document success stories to establish whether knowledge and skills imparted on them during the training translate to impact in service delivery.
Between 2014 and 2018, I was seconded to a USAID supported Institutional Capacity Development Sevices program as a Cluster-Based Learning Networks Manager. In this program, I have been working closely with the Program Director in supporting and building the capacity of CBOs and NGOs from 7 counties in Kenya including youth led movements from diverse cultures. I have facilitated:- Organizational capacity assessments for executive leaders and board members; governance and leadership trainings for selected leaders and staff; and coordinated cross learnings through twinning activities between these organizations for collaborative learning and networking thus creating sustainable learning communities.
The capacity building interventions included planning for and facilitating trainings, meetings, skills building workshops, exchange learning visits, occasional visits to partner sites for short term technical assistance, mentorship and organizing for experiential sharing learning forums between the partners. I ensured that all activities and planned interventions were scheduled and aligned to the work plans.
Working closely with the Administration Department, I organized for meetings to discuss logistical plans for scheduled activities; sourced for quotations, negotiated for discounted rates in targeted venues, contacted partners and shared information with relevant stakeholders on planned events and activities.
As the Training and Capacity building Manager, I have been involved in the recruitment process of Consultants, staff and Interns joining ACA right from development of the ToRs, advert, selection and shortlisting process, development of the interview questions, development of interview scoring templates; interviewing process and final selection of the successful candidates. I have also supported Administration department in the 3600 annual appraisal process of staff in the organization.
I am a champion of engendering of programs ensuring that any capacity building initiatives designed and developed are cultural sensitive and gender responsive.
In addition, I have been:
• Team Leader, Community Led Development (CLD), Kenya Chapter Launch, Planning Committee, January 2019
• Lead Facilitator, RBM and Project Management Training for Hand in Hand Eastern Africa (HiH EA), Senior Staff and Management, August 2018
• Lead Coordinator, LOCUS Coalition “Integration and Local Ownership: Pathways to Sustainable Development,, workshop April 2018
• National Technical Review Team Member of the Kenya AIDS Strategic Framework (KASF (2014/15-2018/19) MTR review process responsible for orienting and training 47 County representatives on the implementation and Review of the KASF (2014/15-2018/19), Sept- Dec. 2017
• Lead Training Consultant of the Options UK supported Girl Generation- Turn-up the Volume Project as a National Short Term Expert: Youth Leadership Development – Kenya building capacities of youth under the Anti-FGM Network Kenya Chapter in Leadership & influencing skills; fundraising and resource mobilization; communication, advocacy and campaign development skills – July-Dec. 2017
• Technical support to 10 Regional and Local NGOs in 7 counties (Marsabit, West Pokot, Nairobi, Kisii, Kisumu, Kilifi, Marakwet), within Kenya under the USAID supported Institutional Capacity building program, Conducting Organizations Capacity Assessment, designing and developing training materials and coordinating all their Training and Capacity building initiatives Oct. 2014- Oct. 2017
• Technical support and Organization Capacity Assessment to 5 CBOs based in 4 (Rift Valley, Kisumu, counties in Kenya beneficiaries of the GIZ BACKUP initiative, Jan- Dec. 2016
• Technical support and Organization Capacity Assessment to four institutions/Inadequately served populations (ISP) Networks based in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania under a Capacity Building for Inadequately Served Population project (CB4ISP), funded by the Robert Carr Civil Society Networks Fund, Jan- Dec. 2015
• Technical support and coordination of HIV/AIDS and HIV related Training programs in ACA’s 37 Member Institutions, in 12countires to effectively run their collaborative courses annually in the ESA region, 2008-to date
• Technical support to ACA Member Institutions to review HIV/AIDS and HIV related Training curricula for 50 collaborative courses aligning them to current and emerging issues, 2008-to date
• Coordination of ACA’s E-learning courses; organizing, coordinating and facilitating workshops for experiential sharing, 2015
• Focal person of projects run by ACA Member Institutions in their home countries through the Initiative for strengthening HIV/AIDS Training and Networking (INSTANT) Grants Initiative program (Projects Grants total – USD 300,000) 2010-2014
• Member of the Kenya HIV and AIDS Strategic Framework HSS Taskforce Team to develop the Kenya HIV and AIDS Strategic Framework 2014- 2019, 2014
• Licentiate Member of the Institute for the Management of Information systems (IMIS) , and a member of the Association of Health Information professional
Add work education to your profile. (optional)
Additionally I have undertaken several professional Development in various disciplines some include:
• Leadership Development at Daystar Leadership and Professional Development Institute (DLPDI), Daystar University, 2017
• USAID Rules and Regulations, Certificate Course, Nairobi, Kenya 2015
• Project Management for Development Professionals, Lusaka, Zambia, 2015
• Gender and Development, Africa Capacity Institute, 2013
• HIV/AIDS Program Management – E-learning, University of Manitoba – Canada, 2010
• Strategic Management for Information Centres, Mananga Centre, Swaziland, 2005
• Diploma in IMIS Computer Science, Inoorero University, 1998